RE: What time is it, kids? It's *TV* time!!

Aaron J Edwards wrote:
"Some philosophy group (I'm sorry, I don't recall the
specifics here) were talking about morality and
mortality, then thier conversation switched to
"Buffy," and they realized they were talking about the
same thing."  and "Ok, how do you all have time to watch all these TV
shows?"

It's true, for some things you just make the time.  For the the last 6 years
I've gather with my nearest and dearest every Tuesday night for our weekly
chance at social activity and buffy watching.  There were times when ten or
more people would show up weekly, times when I had to be there by Instant
Messenger due to some 2400 miles separating us, and a few times when it was
just myself and one other watching the reruns, but we always managed to make
it an event, of sorts.  I am sad that this is the end and wish they'd have
picked a date when we'd be in town.  We've discussed starting a buffy
bowling team, just so we'd stay social and have cool shirts.
My sister picked up a book for me at the library and brought a lovely bonus
book to me, too.  I'd not be surprised if the radio show you'd heard was, at
least in part, discussing it.  It being "Buffy the Vampire Slayer and
Philosophy" written a good 308 page paper written by 26 authors, most of
whom sport some serious smartypants credentials, compiled and edited by
James B. South.  It goes through buffy season six, which makes one wonder
why they didn't wait to publish after the season was over...ah well...I
haven't gotten to reading it quite yet, what with the weddingness and a pile
of other books in line, but I really can't wait to see what they have to
say.
Boy-o.  I am a geek.
~margarita