Re: Track Numbers, etc....whatever...

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Lawlor, Barry wrote:

> I am actually having an uneventful day at work.  Now I remember how I
> used to post all the time, and how this community filled some of the
> space up.  I have thought about this question many times before, but
> does anyone have a firm belief that a specific track number on most CD's
> puts forth better music?  I for example feel that I enjoy track #5 on
> many of my CD's.

good thoughts barry.
welcome back. dreary mondays are good fo rstuff like this.

tracks on CDs. i've thought before that if 4,5,6 and 8 are good songs, the
CD must be good. something like that - or more likely, that those are the
secret best songs on the CD. my looser thought is this - the middle is
always the best, much like the frosting, filling or cheesy part of
somethign good to eat. they are incredbile! but alone, they'd be
overpowering, grandiose and sickening. they need those layers of crust and
bread and meat and stuff to make it stan dout as special.

> Or for that matter what are any of your idiosyncrasies about listening
> to music?  I for one have to listen to the whole CD through.  I cannot
> (except for rare occasions) skip tracks while listening.  I can listen
> to the same track over again, but then I must move onto the next track
> until the CD is complete.

road trips: must play Joshua Tree.

driving: don't do random, skipping == ok. repeating cds is ok while
talking, or while dave's sleeping.

> That is all.

a fred moment.

ah, fred, where have you been?

rhys

--
Frequent lock ups are a symptom of not enough memory but only in the
way that nosebleeds are a symptom of gunshot wounds to the head.