Re: CCLIT

Ah, but you must know that while Lewis and Tolkien
lived in the modern era, we now live in the
post-modern era. I think that would make them not
contemporary. :-P

--- Don Smith <dasmith at rotse2_physics.lsa.umich.edu>
wrote:
> > The reason Tolkien and Lewis are not considered
> Conteporary Christian
> > Literature, is simply the fact that they are not
> contemporary.
>
> Certainly they are.  Milton, Chaucer, St. Augustine,
> and Paul of Tarsus --
> these authors are not contemporary.  If people are
> defining contemporary to be
> just the last ten years, they are taking a rather
> myopic view of things.  But
> then, I usually think in terms of billions of years,
> anyway.  Like for the
> things I study, two billion years ago was fairly
> "contemporary".  For the last
> week, we've been watching the fading remnant of a
> star that exploded about two
> billion years ago, and the week before that, we saw
> one that exploded about
> eight billion years ago.  Hey, our project was even
> on the front page of Google
> news this morning.  It's not anymore, but you can
> see the articles if you
> search on "rotse".
> (http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&q=rotse)
>
> Cosmologically yours,
> --
> Don Smith                           Robotic Optical
> Transient Search Experiment
> donaldas at umich_edu
> http://xte.mit.edu/~dasmith/

=====
 And I use these words pretty loosely. There's so much more to life than words.
-Linford Detweiler