Re: CCLIT

> The reason Tolkien and Lewis are not considered Conteporary Christian
> Literature, is simply the fact that they are not contemporary.

Certainly they are.  Milton, Chaucer, St. Augustine, and Paul of Tarsus --
these authors are not contemporary.  If people are defining contemporary to be
just the last ten years, they are taking a rather myopic view of things.  But
then, I usually think in terms of billions of years, anyway.  Like for the
things I study, two billion years ago was fairly "contemporary".  For the last
week, we've been watching the fading remnant of a star that exploded about two
billion years ago, and the week before that, we saw one that exploded about
eight billion years ago.  Hey, our project was even on the front page of Google
news this morning.  It's not anymore, but you can see the articles if you
search on "rotse".  (http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&q=rotse)

Cosmologically yours,
--
Don Smith                           Robotic Optical Transient Search Experiment
donaldas at umich_edu                                 http://xte.mit.edu/~dasmith/