Re: cc-literature

Peter wrote:
> Actually, isn't Lewis's _That Hideous Strength_ widely seen as Lewis's
> attempt to emulate Williams's kind of storytelling?

I don't know about "widely", but it certainly seems obvious to me.  The
"normal" people being swept up into an extraordinary situation, the breaking
down of the (artificial/perceived) barrier between the natural and the
supernatural, the banality of evil, the wild magic, the riot of the animals at
the end, these are all very williamsian elements.  And the writing style,
while certainly shot through with typical lewisian elements, as a whole is
radically different from his other works.

Now I want to go back and re-read it.  :-)
--
Don Smith                           Robotic Optical Transient Search Experiment
donaldas at umich_edu                                 http://xte.mit.edu/~dasmith/