Re: cclit

I don't really dig any of the writers who get sold in the "Christian"
market, but I have mad respect for many writers who are Christian, many
of those already listed (Dostoyevky, Percy, Tolkein, Lewis, Norris,
Beuchner).

I'd add:

Wendell Berry, not just for his poetry, but also for his fiction and essays.
Annie Dillard - poetry not so great, essays brilliant
Leo Tolstoy - Aw Yeah.
Dante  (do these have to be "modern" writers?)
Daniel Berrigan - great Jesuit poet
Thomas Merton - great nonfiction; decent poetry
Ernesto Cardenal - poetry- what happens when you cross Allen Ginsberg
with  the book of Revelations.
Martin Luther King, Jr. - his sermons may as well be poetry.
Charles Williams - another from the Tolkein/Lewis set. Imagine if C.S.
Lewis wrote horror fiction.

I'm also partial to the poetry of Rhys.

John

np: "God Put A Msile Upon Your Face" - Coldplay

--
John Paul Davis
Center for Community Learning