Re:RE: fight plaque - not iraq

Hey all,
I find myself cooking (brownies, cheese grits, and other comfort food), and listening to Simon and Garfunkel. For some reason it seems more soothing than anything else I've got at the moment.

And in my commentary about the war, I don't necessarily think that it is completely wrong; it just seems to me that as a nation, we have historically waited until we were attacked, or poked our noses into a conflict that was alreay going on. Starting a war (other than a civil one, and even the revolutionary war was that) seems to me to be out of character. And I know that people will die. So, all in all, it saddens me. And the Iraqi leadership was right in saying that if they died, they would die martyrs (at least in the eyes of their people). Why are we going out and creating a generation of people that are willing to be martys that will hate us?

Saddened,
Ruth

Of course, you could attribute all of this grey cloud that I am under to the fact that it is wet and miserable out and has been for days :D

"Every time I hear the rain and thunder I want to run outside and shed my clothes..."   'Circle of Quiet'

But it's too cold to do that.

---------- "chris ramsdale" <chrisr at seaq_org> writes:

hello all,

so, what is your comfort music in times like these? i'm finding i am
listening to Emmylou over and over today. Red Dirt Girl seemed to fit better
than anything else.

sigh.

g'night,

chris