Re: waltzes

Rhys:
> >what would you waltz to?

And Jeff:
  >    Rhapsodie is in 12/8, which isn't waltz time, but it's
> close enough.  (Music experts help:  Is that "cut time?")

And me:
"12/8" means 12 beats in a measure, each eighth-note gets a beat.
The way Linford accents notes makes the song sound like it's in 3/4 time,
though (three beats to a measure and each quarter-note gets a beat). That woul
be a wicked fast waltz! Maybe you could fudge it into six...but it would be
tricky. "Tricky" isn't something I'd recommend for a first dance. :)

Back to lurkdom,
Raven