a little more TTT, and events: where we were, etc.

I saw TTT again tonight.  This was my third time.  We
got a new puppy recently so I have been spending a
little less time thinking and evaluating the movies
and the books than I had weeks before that.  So this
was a revival in my heart for more.  I wanted to spill
a little of my feelings about the scenes with the
people of Rohan.  They captured everything brilliantly
in the movie.  And the music theme at the part when
the three companions (with Gandalf) approach!  I can
just feel the sadness and dwindling pride of a once
bountiful people.  Did anyone else feel this way?

All of everyone's accounts of where they were in '86
made me think also of where I was on 9-11.  I went
back to the archives to see what was said that day.
(I had been away from the list from Fall '99 to Fall
'01, so I missed out on what was being said here.)  I
saw that there were some colorful and unnesscessary
words, if any of you know what I am talking about.
But I am not writing this to revive those memories.  I
am writing to give my thanks that we have such things
as the internet and phones, television and radio
(though they are sometimes a curse) where we can learn
of things so quickly when they happen and reach out to
each other for fellowship and comfort.  And though we
all disagree on many things, it is in those times that
we can put those aside.  It reminds us of who we are,
how vulnerable we are, and where our strengths lie.
Let us keep on remembering.