Re: eminem

John wrote:
> I'd love to see the lyrics to that song.

I just did a google search and got
http://www.leoslyrics.com/listlyrics.php?sid=%89%B6%D5%A9%14r%DB%98
He also talks about the issue at the end of
http://www.leoslyrics.com/listlyrics.php?sid=%F7%03RV%89J%85D
It might come up in other songs, too.  They've got lyrics to the whole thing.

I have no idea if these lyrics are official; they seem to match what I heard.
I also didn't look at anything else on the web site.  It looked like there was
some kind of discussion forum there, but I was just looking for the lyrics.

Anyway, note how Eminem, in "White America", makes the interesting challenge
*to* the racism in America by saying as long as it was black people saying this
stuff in the ghetto, it wasn't a big issue, but now that a white guy has
brought it into suburbia, *now* it's kicking up a storm.  I'm not sure that's
true; I mean, I remember the whole uproar around "Cop Killer" and that time
with 2 Live Crew in Florida.  But maybe Eminem is orders of magnitude more
controversial; I'm not plugged in to that.  I'll ask the teenagers I'll be
hanging out with this weekend; see what they think.

See ya,
--
Don Smith                           Robotic Optical Transient Search Experiment
donaldas at umich_edu                                 http://xte.mit.edu/~dasmith/