Re: Good Dog Bad Dog classic album

John wrote:
Stuff like this: "I've not said much yet about the
>lyrics. They are literate; "All I Need Is Everything," for example, has a
>higher BAPM (Biblical allusions per minute) count than even most U2 songs."

Whaaaaat? does that have to do with anything? (BAPM)

>Odd.
>
>I wonder if the writer has thought more deeply about the ongoing
>undercurrent of doubt that is in GDBD, esp. in songs like "Happy To Be So"
>- the whole entire point of the song is that prayers aren't answered, and
>the song's character has to come to terms with that (see "I Radio Heaven"
>for another example of that).

John... you've taken the words rite out of my mouth. And I think the line
mentioned, "Like a game of Red Rover..." is one of my least favourite lines
from any OtR song. I was just a little bored with this review... anything
Over the Rhine always has my attention... but this one didn't.

>"Latter Days" is *not* a reference to, as the article's author suggests,
>the "last days" (for you not-Christian folks, that's a popular evangelical
>terminalogy for the End of the World As We Know It).

I've never once thought 'Latter Days' was written about the end of the
world... I'm a Christian... but that has never entered my mind. Strange.

Oh, and why would there be a *new* review on GDBD? Confusing.

kylie