Re: God Bless America (it needs it)

No one get their hopes up about God blessing America ... we'd have to do
soemthing to deserve a blessing, I think... advice on being blessing-eligible
found here: Isaiah 58:2-12

> >The basic deal is that the RIAA is admitting to pricefixing.
>
> Actually, they specifically deny any wrong-doing.  This is just a settlement.

Ah yes, but we all know the RIAA is guilty, of price-fixing and so much more.
The settlement is too low, IMHO; what we need is something that would bleed the
RIAA dry and bankrupt it. I'd settle for tarring and feathering Hillary Rosen,
or perhaps putting her in the stocks and tossing rotten tomatoes at her.

> > And my
> >  understanding is that, at the moment, the number of people who have signed
> >  up is still so low that everyone will be getting the full $20.
>
>concept: the more greedy people sign up, even though
> they never felt as though anything was amiss *before* reading the web site,
> the less each greedy opportunistic 'victim' gets.

When I'm eligible for a settlement, and I really do think the guilty party is
guilty, I sign up, not because I'm greedy, but because I want to make sure the
penalty is exacted. I get these little offers for some small amount like $0.21
in the mail all the time, my share in a court decison against some credit card
comapny or another, and I always fill out that paperwork, because charging big
corporations money is just about the only way to make them pay attention and at
least pretend to behave morally.

>Not that I believe for a second that the 'donation'
> would amount to anything other than boxes full of unsaleable Mariah Carey
> CD's being dumped on the front porches of unsuspecting halfway houses or some
> such,

And I thought George W. was about to conduct a war on the poor... assaulting
them with Mariah Carey cds though... that's just obscene. That there's a weapon
of mass destruction.

- John

np: Lyle Lovett "The Truck Song"