Re: God Bless America (it needs it)

In a message dated 1/9/2003 8:38:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rgockley at andrew_cmu.edu writes:

>The basic deal is that the RIAA is admitting to pricefixing.

Actually, they specifically deny any wrong-doing.  This is just a settlement.

> And my
>  understanding is that, at the moment, the number of people who have signed
>  up is still so low that everyone will be getting the full $20.

I didn't read that far into it.   That's too bad; I was hoping it'd all end
up going to charity.  (Not that I believe for a second that the 'donation'
would amount to anything other than boxes full of unsaleable Mariah Carey
CD's being dumped on the front porches of unsuspecting halfway houses or some
such, but it's a nifty concept: the more greedy people sign up, even though
they never felt as though anything was amiss *before* reading the web site,
the less each greedy opportunistic 'victim' gets.  Ha!)

Anita