Re: Narnia books/secular/a small tangent

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002, Kristen Bailey wrote:
> Yeah, kind of like they "fixed" the order in which the books were
> presented.  I still don't understand why anyone would decide to do that.
> If Lewis arranged them in one way, why would it need changed?

Actually, in _Letters to Children_, Lewis himself says the chronological
way might be best.  It was Lewis's editor, and not Lewis himself, who
decided what order the books should be published in.

http://www.aslan.demon.co.uk/narnia.htm

But having said that, I don't think it works, really, to read _The
Magician's Nephew_ before _The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe_ -- the
last chapter of TMN pretty much assumes you've already read TLtWatW.

 If true love never did exist how could we know its name? -- Sam Phillips
          Happiness happens but I want joy. -- Marjorie Cardwell