Christmas Apologies

Let me tell you a story...

I used to have a radio show in college. Several, actually. Every time it got
near Christmas, I would break out the 'cheesy' Christmas music and have a
little fun with it. However this fun thing I did grew into a twisted
obsession. I would find myself hunting through the dollar bins at Jerry's
Fine Used Records looking for the worst of the Christmas music. Christmas
Carols in French, A Music Box Christmas, Montovani- I had some truly bad
ones. I was calling holiday radio program 'A Christmas Cheese Log' and
putting up special flyers around campus. It got quite bad. Then I graduated.

Cut to several years later, and I've got myself an Internet radio program.
Christmas rolls around, and I am trying to remain a respectable broadcaster.
I want to be considered an artiste, if you will. So I resist these primal
urges of mine and program some truly beautiful Christmas music.

But now, I can't help myself. I've got too many years and a good $20
invested in some of the best bad Christmas music ever! I will spare you the
really unlistenable stuff, but Burt Bacharach Christmas music is too good to
pass up! I've got a while stack of holiday music from the 60s that is just
dedicated to sounding swanky- I can't deny that! I hope you don't mind the
clicks and pops of the vinyl, but I think it adds to the ambience of the
music. All of the good stuff that I'm talking about comes from a different
era, and it just wouldn't sound right if it didn't come from a dirty record.
So on with Andy Williams! On with the Ray Coniff Singers! Play us on, Herb
Alpert!

For those not so inclined to the cheese, there is a lot of great Christmas
music in general on the latest edition of 3 Chords & the Truth, Baby! New
holidays songs, new versions of classics, classics themselves- lots of music
for everybody!

Let me know what you think, especially if you think there is a song that I'm
missing that you Know would be perfect for the show!

I wish you a Blessed Christmas holiday!

-janweatherman

THE GREATEST >ahem< RADIO SHOW EVER!!
3 Chords & the Truth, Baby!