RE: Tap Tap-- "Hey, is this thing on?"

I'm hoping that David will chime in with his version of the story, just to
round it out.

CONGRATS to David & Dana! It sounds truly memorable. My hope is that the
rest of your relationship is as passionate as David's proposal, and as free
of tears as Dana's acceptance wasn't.

I would, on this auspicious occasion, like to share the motto that Wendy & I
developed that helps us to stay the happy, loving, supportive couple we are.
This motto -- almost a rule, really -- comes after both of us fought long
roads to get where we are; with each other.

It is the essential ('essential' as in 'essential oil', not as in
'necessary') core of any lasting relationship, and is at first startling
because of its simplicity and lack of fluff. But think on it, dear Lostees,
and you, too, will come to understand that our motto is IT... The elusive
key to an excellent relationship.

Here it is. Our motto for maintaining a relationship:

"Don't fuck up."

-drew
www.drewvogel.com