RE: not really about socks

> I'm listening to the new sixpence too.  I think its great, don't
> you?

I do, except that I don't really dig the Crowded House cover. But hey, that's
one song. All in all, I don't dig the Christian rock*, but Sixpence has always
stood out to me as something apart from the CCM. I heard their second album
(which I kind of still think is their best) from back when they were kids and
into the altrena-rock. It soars and is quite emotional.
But the new album: The writing is quite good, and even though I don't dig the
CCM,  I even don't mind the overtly "Christian" tracks** because the expression
of the subject matter is fresh.
My favorite track is probably 'A Million Parachutes" b/c it's about Mr. Slocum
returning to Nashville from his two-year stay in Berkeley, CA. It's a song about
missing the Bay area, and I can relate, as I am recently relocated to Ohio.***

Okay, so yes, Sixpence = good.

- John

np: "Florescent Orange" Maery Lanahan

NOTES:

*the reasons are multitudinous, and not worth wasting the good List's time.

**Like, for example, "Dizzy"

***Pros of living in Ohio: Going to the Taft Show. Cons of same: missing my dear
friends who did not come to Ohio with
me.