Taft show

  Absolutely wonderful concert last night.  Cellist was a WONDERFUL addition!  Almost all the songs were done perfectly.  Fever was the best I've heard them do it so far.  They did My Funny Valentine, but I have to say, honestly, I think they did a rather poor job with it.  I feel the same whenever they try to improvise a classic song (like with Summertime).  I think they do a bad job of changing melodies around.  Fever was great because they kept the original melody.

   I'm still very impressed with She.  That one line, "She cuts herself on you every night" or something like that, really gets to me.

   My first Christmas show.  Probably my last.  I believe I'll be going into the Navy, so over the next few years I have no idea where I'll be =)  Probably NOT near Cinci.

   Bill Malonee did a nice job opening.  I think I would like him much better in a band.  He doesn't seem to be real strong as solo-acoustic.  Some people just need the other band members to sound right.  He's definately a good song writer and singer, though.

   Just wanted to stick my few words in.  It really was a great concert.  The first concert I've been to with that many people!  It was definately a different experience.  The place was nicely packed (although I couldn't see how many were in the balcony)

Sincerely;
Daniel j. Summers