Over the Rhine Christmas Tour

Well folks,

It's time. There is snow outside. Highs in the low-20's today. Towns w/o
power in the south and parts of the Midwest. Yes, it's time for Over the
Rhine to hit the road.

Quite often, prior to these December tours, Karin and I look at each other
and say, What were we thinking?

But in spite of snowy roads, in spite of our breath making ghosts in the icy
air, these hard-won, after-dark Christmas concerts are usually among our
favorite shows of the year. There's just something about coming in out of the
cold to make music for warm-blooded folks. We're playing as an acoustic
quartet this December with a cellist and percussionist--something we've never
tried. And somehow, even after all these years, we are excited by the
prospect that we have no idea what will happen.

A few reminders:

If you're coming to the Cincinnati show on Friday, please remember to bring
an item to donate to the Cincinnati YWCA Battered Women's Shelter. (There's
something oddly heartening about showing up at a concert with a 24 pack of TP
under one arm. Sort of helps everyone keep perspective.)

And if you'd like to be interviewed before the Cincinnati concert, doors open
at 7pm. Kris Barberg, our producer, will be set up in the downstairs lobby.
She and a crew are shooting the concert. We're beginning to gather footage
for a DVD project, and we'd like you to participate if you're so inclined.
Bring along a few stories, and you can leave your hat on.

So we're playing this month in Cincinnati, Chicago (two shows), Cleveland,
Boston, Northampton (Mass), NYC (two shows) and Philadelphia (two shows).
Bill Mallonee is joining us for all the dates. Woot!

You can check out overtherhine.com for more on all the above. (And it's a
great place to get your hands on a fist-full of cd's if you want to spread
some music around this Christmas.)

Thanks for everything.

Happy holidays,

Over the Rhine