Re: Peter Gabriel

> I thought the Millennium Version was just the studio tracks in a different
> order. You're telling me it's the actual live performance from NYE 2000?

No, it's not a live album, but it is a completely different recording from the
studio Ovo.  My understanding, and this could be wrong, was that he wrote the
show (was it really only performed once?), and then made the Millenium Version
as a soundtrack album from that performance, and then re-imagined the songs
into an independent studio album.  So while the Millenium version is not a
straight-up recording of the live show, it is more theatrically-minded (i.e.,
it flows more organically from song to song) and orchestral than the studio
album.

--
Don Smith                           Robotic Optical Transient Search Experiment
donaldas at umich_edu                                 http://xte.mit.edu/~dasmith/

"This is a hoax. To tell the American people they are going to be safer when we
pass this is to hoax.  We ought to tell people the truth." - Sen. Robert Byrd