Re: Saw this train wreck coming a mile off

Forgetting the travesty this makes of the Bill of Rights, the really
*stupid* thing is that almost always, coerced information is false,
because people under psychological or physical pressure will say
anything to make it stop.

So our rights are supposed to be suspended so that Bush and Co. can get
*more* disinformation than they already have?

Harumph.

- John

np - "Breakin Down" - Ben Harper

Jason Neely wrote:
> In what may be a landmark Supreme Court case to overturn the Miranda
> decision, the court is scheduled to hear arguments from Solicitor
> General Theodore Olsen on December 4, 2002. Bush's political appointee
> intends to claim our government has the right to coerce information from
> a witness, as long as the evidence obtained isn't used at trial against
> the witness.
>
> http://www.commondreams.org/views02/1202-08.htm
>

> I guess I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
> -jas

John Paul Davis
Center for Community Learning
Antioch College