Re: Peter Gabriel Concert (a little tiny bit of OtR)

Don Smith wrote:

> Here Comes the Flood - show opened with PG solo at the keyboard, doing the
> spare, haunting version of this one.  I was very excited to see him start
> the show with such an old one.  I thought it boded well for the rest of
> the night.  The lights on this one were nice and sparse, setting us up for
> the onslaught of effects to come later.
>
> Darkness - Arguably one of my least favorite tracks on the new album;

is that the first track - I just got the album and *can't stand* the
first track. Same thing happened with Ovo - but in that case I just
couldn't stand to hear what Peter thought rap was... Neneh Cherry should
never be allowed to rap. Never.

 >  PG introduced this song with a great turn of phrase: he
> said it's a song to listen to when everyone around you is talking about going
> to war like going to a football game.  Woo hoo!  They used recordings of Nusrat
> Fateh Ali Kahn as part of the number.

I think Ali Kahn is on the studio version too. It's the first track that
stood out for me on the new album.

Overall, my impressions of the new album are that it's fair, but nowhere
near as good as Ovo. That might change though.

- John

np - "Little Drum Machine Boy" - Beck

--
John Paul Davis