Re: That1Guy from San Francisco

In a message dated 11/22/2002 7:25:22 AM Pacific Standard Time, dtemm at yahoo_com writes:

That1Guy definitely gets added to my list of being
blown away by an opener w/o ever hearing them first-
along with the likes of Michael Kelsey (opened for
Over the Rhine), Drums & Tuba (opened for Ani D.),
Jude (opened for Ben Folds Five), 4-Track All-Stars
(opened for Project Logic), Sarah Laughing (opened
up for P.O.D. back in '96), Shrug (opened up for
Burlap to Cashmere), Chantal Kreviazuk (opened up
for Ekoostic Hookah), Euphone (opened for Sunny Day
Real Estate), Heavy Weather (opened for Shrug), and
Paloalto (opened for Nina Gordon).

That1Guy and Michael Kelsey *really* stick out...

Hmmm...  I hadn't really thought about this before, but yeah, there have been a few unknown (to me) openers that blew me away too.  I'm sure there are probably more, but these are the ones that I can recall offhand, and one of them's even on Dan's list too...

Lucinda Williams (opened for Cowboy Junkies back in '89 or '90), Sarah Laughing (opened for The Kry, a show that I was dragged to against my will by my then girlfriend), Jim & Jennie and the Pinetops (opened for OtR, too bad their CDs don't do as much for me as their live performance), Flogging Molly (opened for X), Vigilantes of Love (opened for the Call).

Steve
oncleboo at aol_com

np:  Over the Rhine - The Cutting Room Floor

"Forgiveness of enemies can only come upon their repentance." -- William Blake