Re: That1Guy from San Francisco

Title: Re: That1Guy from San Francisco
16 horsepower opening for Innocence Mission.
The Ellen James Society opening for Indigo Girls in ‘91.
And who was that NY guy that opened for David Gray in 2001?
I could do without His Boy Elroy (opening up for Ocean Blue)

Hmmm...  I hadn't really thought about this before, but yeah, there have been a few unknown (to me) openers that blew me away too.  I'm sure there are probably more, but these are the ones that I can recall offhand, and one of them's even on Dan's list too...

Lucinda Williams (opened for Cowboy Junkies back in '89 or '90), Sarah Laughing (opened for The Kry, a show that I was dragged to against my will by my then girlfriend), Jim & Jennie and the Pinetops (opened for OtR, too bad their CDs don't do as much for me as their live performance), Flogging Molly (opened for X), Vigilantes of Love (opened for the Call).

--
paul r. soupiset
toolbox studios