Re: revolting election development for the masses

DustyVolume wrote:

>--- Z S <wrosesongs at yahoo_com> wrote:
>

>>i would come
>>home to an average of 2 messages a day ...
>>hoping these ads are outlawed by the next election,
>>zayne
>>

>which is all the more reason to ditch your landline, get a cable modem and only
>use your cell phone.  Your virtually telemarketer free!
>
>Mark

Almost?  Yes.  Virtually, even?  Yes.  Totally?  No.

I have had at least two telemarketers call in the past week, and it was
frankly quite irritating.  I thought there was a huge database somewhere
of what "area-code-plus-three" numbers are cellular only that
telemarketers were required to check with before calling, but either
I've gotten calls from organizations that forgot to check the list or
don't have such a list.

Oh well.  When I explained that I was on a cellular phone, the person on
the other end seemed satisfied to end the call.

-Smitty the Annoyed