Re: Y.H.F.?

 Kristi said:

>But it's definitely not just an album about lyrics; the music itself is amazing. It just takes a while to get into it.

I completely agree with Kristi.  I’d had the CD, given it maybe one or two spins, and kinda forgot about it.  I started listening to it again right around the time the movie was coming to Denver.  With each spin, you discover a new lyric, a new instrument in the background, some other layer.  Amazing.

Speaking of the movie, has anyone on the list seen I Am Trying to Break Your Heart?  It’s excellent.  It’s the documentary of the making of YHF, including the firing of some band members, and Wilco’s release from their label after delivering YHF and refusing to make changes (guess the label execs didn't have the time to give it more than one listen!).  Really interesting insights into the record industry, major label politics, and what it's like to be a band.

~Dawn

 np:  Ryan Adams - Gold

Do you Yahoo!?
HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now