Re: Hem (was: Buddy Miller's Limited...)

--- michelle <kanani71 at yahoo_com> wrote:

> --- Kelvin Bailey <captainbackfire at mfire_com> wrote:
> >
> > Anyone heard the wonderful 'Rabbit Songs' by Hem?
>

> Found it unintentionally under a "similiar artists"
> link for
> another band.  Beautiful melodies, beautiful lyrics
> and Sally
> Ellyson's voice is a total stand-out.  Not too
> shabby for
> someone with no training or any kind of involvement
> w/ singing
> professionally, not too shabby at all.  I love
> Stupid Mouth Shut
> and Betting on Trains.  It's one of those cd's that
> gets full
> play in the stereo w/no track skipping.

i picked it up about two weeks ago on michelle's
recommendation to the list and am still floored.
"half acre" is my favorite.  their sound reminds me a
little of a much more polished mojave 3.

and i haven't come across anyone on the list mention
aimee mann's latest, lost in space.  i think it's
amazing, but very, VERY dark and brooding...

back to work and lurk,

eric