slouching toward fargo (was wildflowers)

pontessa wrote:

>>i'm enjoying learning about the minor leagues as of
>>late.  just finished 'slouching toward fargo' a sort
>>of running commentary of the st paul saints.

I thought I was the only person on the face of the earth to have read this
book (and my co-worker who I forced to read it).  What dit you think?  I
found Bill Murray (yes the actor), was a very interesting person out of this
whole mix.  I didn't realize he had his hands into the minor league system
so deep.  Also, the old major leaguers who were giving it one more shot and
the ego's that came with them.

Anyway I would love to hear your thoughts.  I hadn't thought about that book
in awhile.

Out here with rally monkey ready Oncleboo,
Barry