December Tour and More

Hello from Ohio,

The Grey Ghost, the 111-year-old wooden house we call home, is being poked
and prodded, scraped and scrubbed. A new coat of paint has been a long time
coming, and she's going to look pretty good in her new grey gown. The sun hit
the gable just right yesterday, and we could almost convince ourselves we
were living in Maine.

Thanks to all of you who made our concerts last wknd in Virginia and
Pennsylvania so memorable. We truly enjoyed ourselves. We were able to fit in
a short tour of the Antietam Battlefield in Sharpsburg, Maryland, and we
couldn't drink in deep enough the fall colors in Pennsylvania. We stopped at
Sidling Hill on the way to Pittsburgh and stocked up on this year's apple
butter for the winter. There's a buffet-style restaurant in St. Clairsville,
Ohio, called Mehlman's that did the trick for Sunday Dinner on the way home.
(We were some of the few people under the age of 60.) Great pumpkin pie,
devilled eggs, pickled beets--check it out sometime.

This is all so rock and roll.

We finally have our itinerary (99%) nailed down for December, and we wanted
to get that to you pronto. We always look forward to these end-of-the-year
tours. There's something about breathing the crisp air in a new town every
morning while the year winds down. And there's that indescribable sense of
coming in out of the cold after dark to make some warmly-lit music with a
bunch of you folks.

We're very happy to announce that Bill Mallonee from Athens, Georgia, will be
joining us for all the December dates this year. Those that know Bill's music
know that it's road-tried and tested. Bill is one of the most prolific
songwriters we've ever met, and I think the reason we've connected with his
music over the years is because (like most good music) it's connected to his
deepest human places. Bill's music is all about busted-up dreams, hard-won
personal victories and a few deeply-cherished loved ones. (For those of you
who are not familiar with Bill, up until recently he called his band
Vigilantes of Love. Check out billmallonee.com for more.)

So here's what we're looking at:

*************OVER THE RHINE W/very special guest Bill Mallonee**************

FRI 12/6        CINCINNATI, OH  Taft Theatre
SAT 12/7        CHICAGO, IL             Schuba's   (two shows)

TUE 12/10       COLUMBUS, OH, or CLEVELAND, OH TBA

THU 12/12       BOSTON, MA              House of Blues
FRI 12/13       NORTHAMPTON, MA Iron Horse
SAT 12/14       NEW YORK, NY    Makor
SUN 12/15       PHILADELPHIA, PA        The Point  (2 shows)

The Taft date changed several times due to some unintentionally crossed wires
etc. Show biz stuff. We were going to try to do a smaller Q&A concert after
The Taft show, but after the Taft date changed for the third time, we had to
let the smaller gathering go for the time being. We'll try to do something
along those lines when our next Virgin/Backporch release comes to fruition.
(Late Spring 2003?) More later on that.

Check out overtherhine.com for more details on the dates which will be posted
as soon as Eric gets back from his camping trip. We'll try to let you know
soon when tickets go on sale for The Taft. This show is our only hometown
appearance this year!

Also, be sure to check out the special we're running at the website between
now and the end of the year...

That's it for now. Looking forward to seeing you.

Best,

Linford and Karin of Over the Rhine

ps Holy cow, we almost forgot November.

FRI, 11/1 MEMPHIS, TN     Hi-Tone
SAT, 11/2 ST. LOUIS, MO     Blueberry Hill
SAT, 11/23 ANN ARBOR, MI    The Ark