Re: Over the Rhine, Fall Update

Linford wrote:
<< Even a hundred or so
 cows came over to the edge of the field next to Hurst House after the show
 leaning as far over the fence as they could. >>

Ok, I've been silent lately.  Haven't had time to read all ya's e's.  I had a
few this evening and caught up to around the 12th.

this line by Linford reminded me of my favorite Far Side toon.  I cut it from
the paper and put it on my bulletin board years ago.  It's yellow and brittle
and I've moved twice since then but it still holds a spot right next to my
swirling eddies fanclub card.  Thought I'd throw it out there and at the same
time show my face here again if only for a sec:

a bunch of cows sitting in a classroom with one standing in front reading
"cow poetry" -- (title of toon)

Distant Hills

the distant hills call to me
their rolling waves seduce my heart
oh how I want to graze in their lush valleys
oh how I want to run down their green slopes
alas, I cannot.
Damn the electric fence!
Damn the electric fence!

kev