Re: shaking my fists at the sky

kind words from ysobelle.....

   Oh, Twila, I wish I knew what to say. I wish there were some fabulous
   words of comfort I could offer, but I don't know them. Your letter
   touched a lightning rod inside me of a pain and a fear I can't even look
   at; someday, I'll be there-- most of us will-- and I don't know what
   I'll
   do. Well, no-- I know I'll do the only thing anyone can do. I'll go on.
   And I'll try not to feel guilty, as if going on is a betrayal. Beyond
   that, I'll put one foot in front of the other and wait for it to get
   better. Which is what you, in your strength, are doing. Which is all
   anyone can do. But I still wish I could help somehow. I'm sorry; you
   have
   my condolences, my sympathy, and, pale as it sounds though I don't mean
   it that way, my best wishes.

   Good luck, and much love.

thank you so much for what you wrote.....i never knew what to say to people
experiencing this kind of loss.  at dad's funeral..people tried so hard.
but words like yours are what comforted...sincere words...words from people
who didn't necessarily know what it was like..but could put themselves in
that place, and imagine the pain.  my family is preaching to me to get over
the anger...that it is letting "satan" win.  that is only serving to deepen
the anger and the depression.  this pain is real...and somehow-- in some
warped way perhaps--keeping dad real to me.  sounds completely ridiculous
even as i type it....but it's what i feel.  it makes me realize what an
amazing dad i had...this pain wouldn't be so damn intense if he was a
horrible person.  i know i'm fortunate.  but i still want to scream and
stomp my feet.

anyway...thanks again for your response.  my hope/prayer is that your time
w/ your parents is precious...and you'll have many years to enjoy them.