o, ups (Re: choosing battles wisely)

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Don Smith wrote:

> > which CDs do you cave in and pay full price for?

as few as possible (:

even over the rhine, but since they are rarely onsale, i pay full price...

but i buy rarely.

> Not counting performers I actually know -- that goes without saying.
> (Anyone else read the Phantom Tollbooth?  But I digress...)

is that related to the magic tollbooth?

> (Six days!  Yikes!), and I'm wrestling with the darn UPS beaurocracy to
> try to get them to give me my digital camera I ordered.  How is it that
> with a company that is dedicated to the purpose of giving people
> packages, it is so difficult to get them to actually give it to you?
> Sigh.

ups. yes, i 'recieved a second notice' the other day that i had received
something i needed to sign for.

hah. i called the national call center.... after 3 hours of wangling,
which included 'i'm sorry, you called previously at 4.10, and it's now
5.09 and i can't help you untiol it's been an hour', 'you can't call the
local center, we don't have those phone numbers', 'we don't know where
your package is, but we can send a message to the local center, and they
will try to find the driver and they will call you back', 'yes, the local
center is located off centennial'

correction: it's NOT on Centennial.
correction: i'd never received the FIRST notice.

don't use UPS, use FEDEX. they don't screw around with you.  it's worth
the extra money.

rhys

--
Bad command or file name. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaaay...