Re: choosing battles wisely

> which CDs do you cave in and pay full price for?

Peter Gabriel.

Not counting performers I actually know -- that goes without saying.
(Anyone else read the Phantom Tollbooth?  But I digress...)

If anyone's interested, we've got two more Jekyll & Hyde rehearsals before we
open on Thursday, and the show already looks and sounds *fantastic*!!!  It's
going to be smooth like butter by the time we actually go up.  I am *so*
excited!  I hope we get good houses, because this was a heck of a lot of work
for just four performances.  If anyone's in the Ann Arbor, Michigan, area, and
likes musical theater, this is a top-notch production (if I do say so myself).
Runs thursday through sunday, see www.a2ct.org for details, including
simulations of the light design by yours truly.  And I'm being pleasantly
surprised at how accurate those simulations actually are.

Hard to think about work though.  I've got the show, I'm trying to hire an
undergrad research assistant, I'm leaving for Hawaii and Australia on Monday
(Six days!  Yikes!), and I'm wrestling with the darn UPS beaurocracy to try to
get them to give me my digital camera I ordered.  How is it that with a company
that is dedicated to the purpose of giving people packages, it is so difficult
to get them to actually give it to you?  Sigh.

So I can't talk politics right now, I'm afraid.

Hope all are well, and if you've been wondering why I've been so quiet lately
(or just grateful I've been so quiet lately), that's why.

See you later!
--
Don Smith                           Robotic Optical Transient Search Experiment
donaldas at umich_edu                                 http://xte.mit.edu/~dasmith/

"All is strange and void.  Are we dead, or is this Ohio?" - Yakko Warner