Re: Most embarrassing music (non-Otr)

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002 Gilhamilton at aol_com wrote:

> Sarah:
> << What album or music do you own that you are most embarrassed to admit?
>
>  I'll go first: Peter Paul and Mary "10 years together." I like to sing "Puff
>  the Magic Dragon" quite enthusiastically! It's a bit corny, but it reminds
>  me of my childhood.
>
> Personally I wouldn't put Puff down too much. I think it's a finely
> crafted little fairy tale put to music. Puts a lot of current
> *childrens* music to shame IMO. And, NO it never had anything to do
> with drugs according to Peter.

i like that song. i never heard it until i was in college (or at least all
of it). i remember knowing parts of the chorus, and i think mom sang it to
us at some point, but dad dad got mad and said we weren't allowed to sing
songs about drugs. i remember wondering what drugs were (: i was 5.

and if it had nothing to do with drugs, the did Lucy in the Sky with
Diamonds?

seems lke a clever funny thumb your nose lsd thing in the title. (:

saw I am Sam.

watch it. it made me cry.

i don't own albums i'm embarrassed about. although i consider my audience
before putting something in the player... mostly i own favourites. those
are the only kind i can afford to buy (:

rhys
--
You can't come in, our tiger has the flu.