A fine Texas whine

On June 29 of this year, OTRhine at aol_com (or, more specifically, Linford
Detweiler) said:

"In September we hope to do a handful of concerts in the South--Texas,
Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee."

To which I reacted:  Wooty-woot!  For the first time in nearly a year and a
half, we Texans will get to experience the greatness of Over the Rhine that
folks in the Midwest get spoiled by (only slightly exaggerating here) dozens
of times a year!

Then, as weeks passed, my elation faded as, slowly but surely, September
concert dates started showing up on the schedule - not concert dates in the
South but yet even more (yawn) Midwest dates.  And now, with a September
schedule that looks like this...

Sep 13 Holland MI
Sep 14 Madison WI
Sep 20 Indianapolis IN
Sep 21 Chicago IL
Sep 22 Minneapolis MN
Sep 27 Dayton OH
Sep 28 Dayton OH

...it appears that we Texans are being shut out at the expense of
Midwesterners yet again.  Sigh.

Perhaps all hope is not lost, though.  There's always November.  It will be
nice and warm down here then!  (Not to throw out a hint to the band or
anything...)  :)

Badly missing the OTR live experience,
David