Amy Grant/Bebo Norman/nickel Creek

   OK, first of all, Amy's album Lead Me On is indeed right at the top as one of her (if not the) best.  Her version of Janis Ian's What About the Love, is just as good (if not better) than Janis'.  Lead Me On rocks, 1974 is an incredible song, as is Faithless Heart (which in my opinion may be the best song on the album), and Say Once More is also great.

   Now comes my Amy bash.  She sucks now, and in my opinion, has pretty much since House of Love was released.  I stood by her during the controversy over Heart in Motion (which is also a good album), but have been completely dissapointed with most of what she's done since.  She shows an almost complete lack of talent on her recent albums, although there are a handful of songs that are OK.  It makes me sad to look back on what she was in the 80's.  She was good.  Definately an incredible adition to the music world in general.  Then she (in my opinion) watered down everything she believed in, started having an affair with Vince Gill (even if only an emotional one), and wrote crappy music.  Her recent attempt to "reinvent" herself, and come back "Home" I think will fail.  The current single (something about "The River Runs") is cheesy, predictable and lacking any sort of possitive contribution to m! usic.  She also $&#@%@ up on Fernando Ortega's new album, where she sings with him on the song Come Ye Sinners, Poor and Needy.  What was Fernando thinking?!?!?!?  She totaly screws that beautiful song up.  I lost some respect for Fernando.   OK, I'm done =)  I actually have some harsher things to say about her, but I'll keep those to myself =)

    Now, onto Bebo--Bebo's GREAT.  Nothing negative to say about him.  Very good lyrics, very good music, and he's sorta cute, too.  I want to see him in concert sometime.  Can't wait till his new album comes out.

   And has anyone else here bought Nickel Creeks new album (just released this past Tues)?  It's 11.88 at Target until tonight (unless they extend the sale into next week, which they probably won't).  This one is also produced by the incredible Alison Krauss (I'm on my knees right now, paying homage to this great woman).

   I've listend to it a few times now, and so far I actually like their first album better.  Although this does have some good stuff on it (like the Wayne Kirkpatrick penned tune Hanging by a Thread, which was written for a Julia Roberts movie--and never used), it doesn't seem to be up to the calliber that their first album was.  A bit dissapointing.  I would still reccomend you getting it, though, especially for only $11.88.

Sincerely;
Daniel J. Summers

--------------- Unsubscribe by going to http://www.actwin.com/OtR/