Re: imagining the future

to send or not to send...ah what the

<< > I tend to think more practically, that he will born and raised just like
 > the original.
 so, my question is this:  how will we know?

and now for a bit of fun info:

 oh how the mind works when coming off an eighteen hour work day one day
after a 21 hour one. Better than a wack on the side of the head for unlocking
use/ful/less info.

There are quite a few Messiah's walking about today according to some in, for
lack of a better word, *new age* circles.  One of the most prominent
mentioned a few years back was Maitreya whose John the Baptist has been
Benjamin Creme since the mid -- seventies.  Ironically, he said that we will
not recognize him by anyone pointing him out but that it's up to each of us
to somehow just *know* him when his time comes.  It goes like this: Since he
is the embodiment of an energy dubbed Christ Consciousness, to the degree
that we allow ourselves to become*in tune* with that energy he manifests
within each of us then we just *know*who he is.  Supposedly, the more and
more people who become tuned in and respond to his energy the better and
better the world will become -- I suppose that's Creme's take on how man will
usher in the kingdom of heaven.  Then, at some point in this
progression/evolution, he will reveal himself through radio, television, what
have you.  Of course, he will also telepathically link to all mankind via the
airwaves at this time so everyone will hear his words spoken in their own
language. This from a guy who since the mid-seventies has been zealously
attempting to *point* people to his Maitreya.  Hmm. ahh.

random question: is it him or me that was barely making sense there?
Enquiring mind wants to know.

Personally I think most end times idea's are, to borrow some choice words
from Terry Taylor, "an enigma smothered in a secret sauce" so I try not to
get to bogged down in fleshing out the details.  Or at least become dogmatic
about them -- Much to the chagrin of my fundamentalist coworker who
constantly tells me "you think everything in Revelation is a metaphor don't
you!  I will say I'd imagine that when He does come it'll be in a way that
there will be no doubt it is Him.

kevin (former (for lack of another better word) cult researcher - layman
status)

not sure if I can put parenthesis within parenthesis (pathetic parenthetics?)
but that's my sentence and I'm sticking with it.

shocking simply shocking

sorry just stepped on a duck as my dad used to say

They haven't got Brains, any of them, only grey fluff that's blown
into their heads by mistake, and they don't Think....
         Eeyore, in chapter one of _The House at Pooh Corner_