Re: love one another

Hey j. marie, list:

>where even though i reject my
>ability/right to affect others...it's b/c of some
>evidence i have...which implies that somehow, if that
>were improved, i actually could be the force that
>changes the world.  that's pride, not to mention a
>lie.  that's one of the pictures i have of false
>humility, at least from my own experience

Perhaps then, it is the evidence or life experience that can make us too proud to speak up. Like we cannot step out of our box, or our comfort zone, because once that was a hurtful experience, so I feel I am more experienced now, that I wont try that again. But that is most defiantly, a severe case of fear of man, and submitting to circumstances. I guess its true that we do have a choice in whatever situation we are stuck in to make it or break it. And when fear of man comes in, our resolve or strength shifts to a need of approval even for the simplest of things. Thus it is like an endless cycle, and we dont realize  we are caught in our own web; a thorn in our own side. But yet we feel we are doing ourselves, and the world a favor. I guess I d rather die for something, than to live for nothing. From now on perhaps I should allow more perspective on my own personal thinking day to day. Sometimes it seems all or nothing. I need that balance, that middle ground where my own needs are met, (but not in a pathetic, over-encompassing way) and I still have room to include thoughts about the people I love and the world around me. Yes, I think that balance is something we could all stand to work on.

Truly,
Patty