Re: imagining the future

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, J. Marie Hall wrote:
> which is why i don't buy the kingdom of god being manifest and connected
> now, before he comes back and gets rid of the sin/junk.  we're still
> dealing with too many filters and misaprehensions.

Be that as it may, I think it's important to recognize that Jesus himself
seemed to talk of the "kingdom of God" (which, as N.T. Wright puts it,
does not mean "the place where God rules" but "the fact that God rules")
as though it were *both* a future thing *and* incipientally present.

 If true love never did exist how could we know its name? -- Sam Phillips
          Happiness happens but I want joy. -- Marjorie Cardwell