Re: Top 10 favorite songs

(snip)

5.  "Lead Me On," Amy Grant
from the album "Lead Me On" (1988)
This song came around back when I had a mad crush on Amy.  It's from what is
arguably her best album, and it's the best song on the record.  Again, it
takes me back easily to probably my favorite part of my teenage years.

as much as it pains me to say it, this is a great song on a great album . .
. i don't even think it's arguable . . . this is, in my opinion, the only
good Amy Grant album (ignoring for the moment her contributions, albeit
positive or negative, to CCM)

anyway, without too much thought, here are my top ten (at the moment):

10.  At the Moment -- Stavesacre
There's just a great spiritual connection whenever they play this in
concert.

9.  Ache Beautiful -- Michael Roe
Tragic and beautiful.

8.  Why -- Annie Lennox
Same.

7. There's No Sunshine When She's Gone - Notting Hill Version
I know that many of you will scoff at this version, if not the song, but i
like that one the best.

6.  A Page Is Turned -- Bebo Norman
i played this one at my brother's wedding

5.  Wheat Kings -- The Tragically Hip
a great song on an underrated album by these guys . . . sad and moving

4.  Pearl Jam -- Ten (the album)
i know, i know . . . that's cheating . . . but there's no way to pick just
one song.  maybe "black" or "once"

3.  Song of the Harlot -- the violet burning
moves me to tears still . . . how can you argue with "if i could be anyone
at all, let me be the whore at your feet"

2.  Latter Days -- OtR
i'll never forget the first words i ever heard Karin sing in person "What a
beautiful piece of heartache . . ."  all of the sudden, my entire semester
(which had been unbelievably rough) sort of flashed before my mind and i
broke down and cried right there in my seat at the Emery Theatre,  duriing
the Christmas concert of '97.

1.  Fools Ruch In  -- covered by U2, from the KTS album _Outside Broadcast_
i danced to it at my wedding . . . nuff said.

happy monday, y'all.

ken