Re: Top 10 favorite songs (minute OtR content)

>From: Peter chatting away ;)
>On Sun, 11 Aug 2002, Sarah Herr wrote:
> > 1. "One" by U2
>
>Ever hear the Johnny Cash version?  That's my favorite, at the moment.  :)

Nope I haven't heard this one - he's not one of my favorites - "The
Wanderer" on U2's Zooropa makes my hair stand on end :D But I haven't heard
it yet so how can I say for sure?

Have you heard the REM version? It's called "Automatic Baby." I believe it's
Adam and Larry from U2 and Michael and Peter from REM. It's awesome.

> > 7. "Imagine" by John Lennon
>
>Ewwww.  :)  I don't find John Lennon solo all that interesting, I'm afraid
>-- occasionally he'll come up with an interesting lyric like "How can I
>move forward when I don't know which way I'm facing", but I really don't
>care for the sort of nihilistic bliss he fantasizes about in this one.

I think what he's fantasizing about is a world where people don't kill each
other over ideas or religion. Not that religion is a bad thing, it's just
that we always find a way to make it a bad thing. (The Middle East,
terrorist attacks, N. Ireland, etc.)

> >the second movement to Schubert's 'Piano Trio in E
>Flat'

Yeah I'm leaving out classical music, Christmas tunes, and hymns. Popular
music only. But it was still hard!

Sarah