Re: Wow!

>From: John David Stutts <i_scoobysnak at yahoo_com>
>To: OTR List <over-the-rhine at actwin_com>
>Subject: Re: Wow!
>Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 08:00:20 -0700 (PDT)
>

>actually, indoor plumbing was invented about 6000
>years ago by those wild and wacky non-arayan folks of
>the indus river valley civilization.
>
>stopping myself before you can have a chance to call
>me cliff clavin :) ---- erek

Since my grandfather was a plumber and I have an India Studies minor as part
of my ever so valuable (almost $9 an hour!) Liberal Arts degree I feel
compelled to chime in.  If you consider diverting portions of a river so
that a tiny stream flows in front of your house which allows the waste
excreated through the hole in your floor to flow back into the river indoor
plumbing then I guess you are correct (run on sentence?- I suspect so).  I
suspect we do something similar to this day which is called indoor plumbing
so it is difficult to argue with your point.  Fortunately for the Indus
River valley people the Aryans came along and declared the Ganges holy so
they are free to drink from it without fear of contamination or disease.
Unless you are Hindu I don't recommend drinking from the Ganga however or
you are sure to get violently sick.  Been there, done that.