Re: iseegenius (not quite so)

<><>I thought everyone knew this about the movie...

Actually, while the tone of his email was more flaming than Hank Azaria
in "The Birdcage", I tend to generally agree with David when it comes to
movies/spoilers.

Maybe in the future, we could say "possible spoilers" in the subject
line of emails that detail anything about the plot, even if you think we
should already know those details.

Actually, Signs is a good case in point, because Shyamalan went to
great lengths and secrecy in the press to ensure that when you went to
see this movie, you weren't sure whether this was actually aliens, or
something else more sinister. If you read most of the reviews of the
movie, they make it a point to not say whether there are actually aliens
in the film. I'm actually a little bummed now that I don't have that
shading of doubt that Shyamalan wanted me to have when I go to see this
film.

However, I certainly would have responded a little more kindly than
David did. Since I've joined this list, I've seen no shortage of
rudeness and it's kind of depressing to excitedly open an email, looking
for a brief respite from the daily grind, only to see someone doused
with gasoline and then have a match tossed at them.