RE: Ellis Paul (no OTR)

Miss Anita Wrote:

>>I'll let Barry offer a review if he'd like, and just say that dear sweet
Lord, I had no idea what I was missing. Yum!  Little pieces of beauty in
lyric form...

I in fact will not be giving a review of the concert, however, I will concur
that Ellis Paul was amazing at Jammin Java.  I saw him at the Birchmere on
September 15th of this past year, opening for Lucy Kaplansky.  He just
didn't have it that night, but then again who did have it around that time.
That night he seemed to be dazed and out of touch with the audience.  Lucy
on the other hand was healing through her music.  I have a bunch of Ellis
Paul's stuff so I decided that he was worth a second shot.  I'm so glad I
didn't write him off because of one bad show.  Not only was he good
lyrically, but he is funny as all get out (and a Red Sox fan to boot).
If ya get a chance to see him, don't pass it up.

Out here waiting for July so I can see David Wilcox, Pierce Pettis, and Bill
Mallonee (with band, so the owners of Jammin Java told me).

Barry