Ellis Paul and the limitations of the English language...

Ellis Paul rules!  I relly wish that more people got out and heard him live.  He's good on his albums, but I think he is most powerful live.  his whole demeanor sets a tone that amazes me.  It's like going to a Martin Sexton concert or....god forbid...an OTR exhibition.

Cooly enough, Paul is also a very good poet outside of lyrics.  Check out his Eastern Front albums if you can get ahold of them, especially "stories".  There is also a compilation called "This is Boston not Austin" Vols. 1&2 that have greatly influenced my taste in music.

On another topic, when asked what OTR sound like you could always sit thoughtfully for a moment and then reply, "Rice," as one astute listie has analogized them.  Although that might not be wholly the picture to lure in the soon-to-be Rhinelander.

Howdy-loo,
Steve