Busted Lift set-list/mini-review

I haven't seen a review of this show as of yet, so I figured I'd finally
come out of lurk mode and give it my best shot.  The Busted Lift is
quite unlike any other place I've ever been.  Long and narrow, in the
basement of a nearly century old building in downtown Dubuque.  This
place was the most intimate setting I've seen OTR in yet.  Schuba's has
got nothing on the Busted Lift.  My wife Carol and I had a slight bit of
trouble finding the place given the poor directions from Mapquest.  They
made it much harder than it had to be.  Dubuque is (like many other
towns)  comprised of a fair amount of one way streets, and Mapquest had
us go in a big circle around the place.  After asking a local couple for
a little help, we narrowed it down and found the place, only to find a
sign on the front (on Main street) directing us around to the back.
Luckily I'd called earlier in the week and reserved a pair of tickets.
The place was without a doubt sold out.  John (the owner), after hearing
our sad tale of woe about getting somewhat lost, picked up our first
round, which I felt was awfully nice.  He apologized, but I told him it
was all Mapquest's fault, not his.  The band played at the far end from
where we came in, which was actually the front of the building.  There
was a large pool table covered with an equally large plastic tablecloth
which had at least 2 dozen enclosed candles on top of it, on which we
set our drinks.  The band was on the other side.  To say this place was
intimate would be the understatement of the millenium.  Along the right
wall they had a shuffleboard table, which had been covered with boards
on which to sit.  Anyhow Karin, as always, sounded completely amazing
from the very first strains of Go Down Easy.  I literally get
goosebumps, and often times misty-eyed during more than a few of OTR's
songs.  Enough of my ramblings, the setlist is as follows:
Go Down Easy     -I love this song
All I Need            -ditto
Anything At All   -having made the trip out from Chicago (the furthest
for OTR so far), I can really relate
I Radio Heaven    -raw and stripped down
Lil' Blue River/In the Garden    -this one gets me every time
Jesus In N'awlins    -  how can you not love the "Ain't it crazeee?"
refrain, truer words have never been sung
Fever (the Brenda Lee cover, at least I think she did the original.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong)    -like you've never heard, bluesey
and sultry
Lucy   -this tune rocks, Karin becomes a woman possessed with the spirit
at the end
Holy Rain   -the best version I've heard yet.  I swear Jack sounded like
Tom Waits at the end.  Who knew he had such range?
The World Can Wait   -K & L only, bea-yoo-tee-ful!
Hello, Ohio   -Karin (solo) simply captivating
Jack's Valentine    -Jack got totally wacky at the end of this one
Miles  -I like this more each time I hear it

Encore:  Orphan Girl    -just an all-around great song

My wife was able to get the setlist off the floor up by Linford's keys.
Cast Me Away appeared to have been squeezed in between I Radio and Lil'
Blue (an afterthought, perhaps), but they didn't play it.  Latter Days
shows up after Miles, but I don't recall them playing that, either.  It
may have been the beer, but I don't think so.  My wife didn't recall
that either.  Poughkeepsie was penned in after Orphan Girl, but they
didn't play that either.  There was an opener, but I didn't see their
entire set, and never did get their names, a girl on guitar/vocals, and
a guy on bass.
They were ok.  All in all, a great evening in a great place.  I had the
pleasure of meeting 2 extremely nice young ladies, Cara and Rachel,
who'd never seen OTR before and were completely awestruck (although I
still too am amazed), to the point where Cara was nervous about even
approaching Karin for an autograph.  I told her not to worry.  Karin (as
well as Linford and Jack), were extremely genuine, down to earth people,
who just happened to be incredibly talented, gifted musicians.  I got to
take some photos after the show of the band/fans.  It was a fantastic
evening/weekend.  I'm looking forward to the next Busted Lift show
already.  I can't wait.

That's it for now.  I'm beat!
Lurker Joe