Re: Drinkin Bloody-Mary's(OtR content...hehe)

>From: "Kylie Wilkerson"

>...were drinkin bloody mary's(in the south). ;)So my question is...do you
>think
>Karin was really drinking a bloody mary in a bar room in the south? I
>know...this is kind of a stupid question. But I want an answer. :)

Trina Shoemaker, the person who inspired this song by being Christ-like,
mixed Bloody Mary's for the band when they went to Daniel Lanois New Orleans
based Knigsway studio to record "Eve".  To quote the eve tradng card, #9
"Longview Saturday Nights" (M. Wilson pic of guitar laening against amp on
front):
"Late every Saturday night we experimented with songs unfammiliarand tried
to capture the essence of each song after just a few takes.  Conjectures of
a Guilty Bystander Daddy Untwisted and the understated Falling (The Death of
A Tree) all grew out of these Saturday night jams.  he version of CoaGB on
eve is essentally a snapshot of the first time we ever made it through the
song as a band.  Trina had been making Bloody Mary's after dinner and
getting through all nine verses was like trying to folow some dream impulse
to run from danger."

Now, in the first "Northern Spy", a title which, I've just realized by
thumbing through these trading cards, is a brand of apple, Linford makes a
fuss about some churches substituting grape juice for wine, a rather
unromatic, bland, and unmysteriously pale representation of the blood of
Christ.  Apparently, K&L like alcoholic beverages.  As a soberman, I've had
to learn to love them despite our differences.  Its been a struggle.
Alcohol is, after all, the devil's own elixir.  ;-)

Tangentially, has anyone ever heard Trina sing?  She contributed lovely
backgroud vocals ("Do-do-do-do") to the only Midnight Oil song
guitarist/songwriter Jim Moginie ever sang lead vocals on, an unreleased
b-side called "Smash the Wobbleboard".  (Emmylou harris also contributes her
vocal talets to the parent "Breathe" album.)  This is one of two things MO
and OtR loosely have in common.

And Kylie, because I like you, I'll toss you another bone.  Good dog.  From
card #13 "Just This One Time":  "Without Without is a song that speaks to
the joy and pain of allowing an unwanted part of yourself to be put to
death.  Should is a pop song wrapped around a friend who fell radically in
loe with someone HIV positive."

everyone's a fetus,

Matt, whose vellvus is actually lanugo

n.p. OtR eve