Re: narrow escape for USA team

Mark writes:

Next up: Mexico.
Don't know much about that team, historically they have a better record than
the USA, so they seem to b the favorites.
What are you predictions for this game?

This will be an interesting game, and definitely one that I was hoping would come about.  Mexico has historically been the better team, but in recent years the games between the two countries have been very competitive.  Given the number of Mexicans who live here in the States now (and that soccer doesn't have a big following here yet), Mexico almost always has the crowd behind them whether they're playing here or in Mexico, so it will be interesting to see how things play out on a neutral field.  Mexico's definitely playing better than the US right now though, so I think they have to be considered the favorites this time.  Would love to see the US pull it out though.

Steve
oncleboo at aol_com

np:  Voices on the Verge - Live in Philadelphia

...there are two races of men in this world, but only these two - the "race" of the decent man and the "race" of the indecent man.  -- Viktor Frankl