Re: narrow escape for USA team

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, Mark wrote:

> your team was very lucky today going through to the last 16 despite
> losing to Poland. I would not have guessed that Korea would beat
> Portugal.

me either. i was surprise.d there have been lots of shocks this time
around the world cup.

> Next up: Mexico. Don't know much about that team, historically they
> have a better record than the USA, so they seem to b the favorites.
> What are you predictions for this game?
>
> Mark

historically they are strong, but also arrogant (i might like them and be
half mexican, but that doesn't make me blind). it's the same problem
brazil had when they lost to france. i don't know if mexico has learned a
lesson, but i hope they have. usa will have a hard time if they don't
shake off their lassitude and discouragemtn over such a hard beating by
poland. (good for poland, by the way - it shows europe they aren't really
the dumb poor cousins of the EU).....

a hard game. i want mexico to win.

wonder if they can pull it off (:

rhys

--
Application has reported a 'Not My Fault' in module KRNL.EXE in line
0200:103F