Re: Backing in....

Barry writes:

Did you see it?  I saw it and don't know much about soccer, but the USA
player (Donovan?) used his shoulder and elbow to "slightly" move Poland's
defender.  Being a homer I would have said no harm no foul (as did the
announcer), I would really like to see what a true ref/soccer fan thought of
it.  I mean if it is a rule that neither can touch each other, than there
shouldn't have been a goal. Poland's defender was as much to fault as the
American.

Personally, I didn't see Donovan use his elbow at all.  It appeared to be merely shoulder-to-shoulder contact which is supposed to be allowable.  Bad call, IMO.

Steve
oncleboo at aol_com

np:  Voices on the Verge - Live in Philadelphia

...there are two races of men in this world, but only these two - the "race" of the decent man and the "race" of the indecent man.  -- Viktor Frankl